Monday, June 11, 2007

Microsoft Surface

Recently Microsoft launched their so called new technology with multi touch interface design. You can read more about this on
www.microsoft.com/surface .
Initially i really got attracted to this but when i open the main page, i said - "Hey i have seen this before". :).
So I revisited my links and i found out this
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/65
there is a demo given by Jeff Han in Feb-06 way before microsoft launched their so called new thing.
I also got chance to attend public display of surface in NY on 9th jun. Amazingly lots of people shown up here and I came to know more about this application. It will be available as commercialized product in winter-07. with a price range of 10,000$ and available to public after 4 years.
My question is who will buy this big machine with paying huge amount. Apple is launching new iPhone on 29Jun which already has most of features of surface.
But what I can say - i wish microsoft all the best for new product. Hope this will be successful.

No comments: